Norwich is a vibrant, creative city with a rich cultural heart. We aim to create new initiatives and campaigns to reinforce Norwich's reputation as a warm and welcoming city and one of the UK's best working, living and shopping environments.
Our initiatives include:
- The City Hosts team who have assisted over 300,000 people and are a visible presence in the city centre. All our 50 volunteers have received dementia-friendly training
- Attracting visitors to Norwich throughout July and August, the free Early Evening Events enliven the streets with a mix of local musicians and Covent Garden street performers.
- ALERT is a business crime reduction initiative to minimise crime in the city centre with dedicated systems for retailers and leisure operators in the BID area.
- Now celebrating its fifth year, the annual 10km Run Norwich has become a key date in the city’s calendar. Norwich BID are proud to be a founding partner and main sponsor for the race.
- Purple Flag is a national accreditation scheme for town centres at night, with Purple Flag status indicating an entertaining, diverse, safe and enjoyable night out in the city. Norwich achieved Purple Flag status in 2017.
- In 2016 the Castle projections, during our Christmas light campaign, gain national recognition. Since then, Norwich BID has regularly been illuminating the iconic Castle with innovative animations and projection shows to celebrate a variety of events.
- We are able to offer businesses in the BID area and range of free training courses, ranging from Action Counters Terrorism (ACT) to Cyber Crime.
- Aiming to enliven vacant and tired spaces around the city, Norwich BID have installed 7 Urban Art pieces, with one more to be unveiled in Riverside next month.
- Rough Sleeping and Street Begging are key issues that are affecting cities around the UK. Working in partnership with Pathways and other local organisations, we aim to launch a giving scheme and campaign to assist in decreasing the level and impact in the city centre.
- In collaboration with Norfolk Constabulary, Norwich City Council and Sekura-Byk, Norwich BID have launched a Secure Cycle Park in the city centre.