Urban Art Project: Artist Call Out
Norwich BID is looking for expressions of interests from artists for a new Urban Art project.
Following the success of our Urban Art project, Norwich BID is seeking to commission 2 temporary murals for the city centre. We’re looking to work with an artist for each of the following sites:
- The former Tourist Information Centre (in partnership with the Forum)
- 3 hoardings in St Stephens St, Norwich.
This is a fantastic opportunity for artists to showcase their work and skills. We want these murals to reflect the ethos and spirit of Norwich ‘City of Stories’ and its people. They must be vibrant, engaging and showcase the offering that Norwich has. All commissioned artists will receive a fee for their work.
The aims of the project include:
- Improve the experience of visitors/users of the city centre, enhancing the current street scape, making a clear positive impact using the murals to reflect the vitality of the city.
- Increase the footfall to each site/business, whilst moving people around different areas of the city.
- Promote the city of Norwich as a destination for viewing public art with the objective of attracting more visitors to the city.
The closing date for applications is 24th of May 2021.